TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When investing in a Primevest investment product or a private managed account with us, we collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide on your account application or other forms, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, social insurance number, date of birth, employment information, spousal information, financial and net worth information, and banking information.
• Information about you assets, investments, and transactions with us.
• Information we may receive about you from consumer-reporting agencies, including credit bureaus used by us when we engage in debt collection activity.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the personal information we obtain from you during the account opening and account administration process for the following purposes:
• to open, maintain and administer your investment in compliance with applicable law;
• to verify your identity and protect against fraud;
• to provide you with and manage the services you have requested;
• to determine your eligibility for certain of our services and special offers;
• to improve our services to you; and
• to comply with, and monitor compliance with, applicable law.
For example, we collect your social insurance number in order to meet certain investment income and tax reporting requirements under the Income Tax Act (Canada), to keep your information separate from that of other customers with whom you may share a similar name, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. We collect your birth date to help us verify your identity and guard against impersonation. We collect only the personal information we need or are required or permitted by law to collect, and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected.
Primevest does not sell your personal information to third parties. Primevest does not disclose your personal information to third parties other than in the following circumstances or for the following purposes:
1. in connection with normal business operations to open, maintain, administer, or service your investment account, including, without limitation, for purposes of facilitating the account opening process (including the mailing of account opening materials and the scanning of account documentation, cheques, and related materials into customer databases), the provision of customer service (including services rendered by third party agents or affiliates), the provision of back office administrative services (including the mailing of transaction confirmations and account statements, and record-keeping services), for audit or statistical purposes, or for the collection of any debt owed by you in respect of your investment;
2. to entities within the Primevest group of affiliated companies, in order to offer and provide you a wider range of services and better services, to ensure that any updated contact information you provide is processed efficiently, and to engage in surveillance, compliance, and reporting activities required by applicable law;
3. to other suppliers or agents of ours who assist us in serving you;
4. to legal counsel for the purpose of obtaining legal advice;
5. where we are required or permitted to do so by law, including any law enforcement agency, securities regulatory authority or self-regulatory organization;
6. in connection with a transfer of a business in which Primevest is involved; and
7. in connection with offers made to Primevest customers or prospective customers, or other promotional activities or service offerings engaged in by Primevest where (A) third party product or service providers assist Primevest or otherwise participate in fulfillment of the offer or provisions of the service; (B) Primevest has contracted with a third party for the fulfillment of the offer or provision of the service or otherwise has an ongoing business relationship with such third party; (C) fulfillment of the offer or provision of the service requires disclosure of certain limited personal information for fulfillment purposes only (such as, for example, name, address or email address) to such third party; (D) the disclosed personal information is to be used for fulfillment purposes only and the third party aggress not to disclose the personal information to others, or (E) in an aggregated form (i.e. not individual) for the purpose of analyzing statistics and metrics about Primevest' business and operations.
By opening or maintaining a investment with Primevest or using the Primevest website or participating in offers made to Primevest customers or prospective customers, or other promotional activities or service offerings engaged in by Primevest, you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information to a third party in the circumstances or for the purposes described above.
You understand, acknowledge and agree that your consent to the disclosure of personal information in connection with a matter referred to above is not a condition of Primevest dealing with you in respect of such matter, including the relevant offer or service to be provided, unless the disclosure of the information is necessary in respect of the particular matter.
Subject to these qualifications, you may revoke or withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time on reasonable notice, by contacting our Information Privacy Officer at (604) 630-7011 or by fax at (604) 683-7026.
If you wish to revoke or withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide you with some services, offers or information that may be of value or interest to you. Our customer service personnel will be happy to explain any consequences of revoking or withdrawing your consent, and the options available to you. You can tell us at any time if you don't want us to use or disclose information about you in order to market or make available certain promotional offers to you, by contacting our Information Privacy Officer at (604) 630-7011 or by fax at (604) 683-7026.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Primevest makes every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You can also access and update your personal information that we collect about you at any time by calling our Information Privacy Officer at (604) 630-7011, or by fax at (604) 683-7026, or by writing to us at the below address. In your communication, please include your account number(s), the information previously provided by you, and the new information that you would like to have updated.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Primevest protects your personal information by storing it in locations that are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. Primevest protects your account information by placing it on the secure portion of our website, using firewalls and other security technology to protect our network and systems from external breaches. Our employees (for example, customer service personnel) have access to your personal information only on a need-to-know basis.
INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS
Primevest Capital Corp.
Suite 1730 – 400 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3A6